Limerick City & County Council advise motorists and match patrons that very significant road closures will operate from 12pm onwards on the Ennis Road on Sunday 18th June 2023 to facilitate the All Ireland Senior Football Championships, taking place at 2pm in T.U.S. Gaelic Grounds, Ennis Road, Limerick.
Road Closures/diversions are likely to apply from 12pm onwards at the following locations by An Garda Síochana:
- Ennis Rd. at its junction with Ivan’s Cross - traffic will be diverted to Northern Ring Road and towards Clonmacken Road
- School/North Circular Road junction - Road Closure
- Shelbourne Road/North Circular Road at Clanmaurice Avenue - Road Closure
- Union Cross - traffic will be diverted to Shelbourne Rd
- Shelbourne Pk./Shelbourne Road - Road Closure
- Shelbourne Rd./Mayorstone Drive - Road Closure
- Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Avenue - Road Closure
- Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper - Road Closure
- Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper & T.U.S Roundabout (Merval Pk.) - Road Closure
- Ennis Road/Derravarragh Road - (Local Access Only)
Residential and business access will be maintained where it is possible to do so.
Emergency service vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
No Parking on Green Areas will be tolerated.
No Blocking Private Property access/egress in residential areas, Vehicle Tow Away will operate.
Limerick City & County Council, An Garda Síochana and Limerick County GAA Board advise patrons to be parked at least one hour before match start time and to use official Match Day car parks & city centre off street car parks and Free on street parking disc parking areas on Sunday.