The Ladies Gaelic Football Association is pleased to announce the winners of the prestigious 2020 LGFA Volunteer of the Year Awards, in association with currentaccount.ie.
Administrators, coaches and media are among those honoured across ten categories, with the scheme now in its fourth year.
The award winners will be acknowledged during a special virtual ceremony, which can be viewed live on the LGFA Facebook Page http://bit.ly/2OvUJ2D on Friday evening, February 12th.
The event will commence at 7.30pm, with Dáithí Ó Sé performing MC duties.
Ladies Gaelic Football Association President Marie Hickey and Mr. Seamus Newcombe, CEO currentaccount.ie, will join Dáithí in studio, with live links to all winners on the night.
The 2020 winners are as follows:
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Sandra O’Donoghue (Rosscarbery, Cork)
- School Coach of the Year – Conor Maguire (Loreto, Cavan)
- Club Coach of the Year – Colin Kenny (Naomh Ciaran, Offaly)
- Local Journalist of the Year – Ian Cooney (Roscommon Herald)
- PRO of the Year (Peter O’Leary, Cork LGFA)
- Club Committee Officer of the Year (Helen Clarke, An Caisleán Glas agus Sperrin Óg, Tyrone)
- County/Provincial Officer of the Year (Sinead Reel, Armagh LGFA)
- International Volunteer of the Year – Clodagh Harris (RAK Ropairí, UAE)
- Overall Volunteer of the Year – Mikey Hyland (Shanahoe, Laois)
- Volunteer Hall of Fame – Kathleen Kane (St Nathy’s, Sligo)