The FAI has outlined findings from their Covid-19 Return to Play survey sent out and completed by amateur football league members across the country.
The feedback from clubs has lead to a number of suggestions for the 2021 season.
These include for the
- FAI to provide Workshops and online learning opportunities for
- League Officials and Compliance Officers
- Club Compliance Officers and Coaches
- League and Club Volunteers to share best practice examples of how protocols were presented and implemented at local level
- FAI to work closely with all affiliates to ensure clarity and consistency at all times
- Further develop protocols to provide checklists, guides and other resources to volunteers at all levels
This data will now be used to plan for 2021 and the FAI will present this as part of their submission to Sport Ireland and Government by January 2nd.
In a statement seen by Midwest Sport the FAI say they will be working extremely hard to facilitate a return to play for all players at the earliest possible opportunity.