The Mayo Football League met last night and has confirmed that action will kick off on the weekend of July 18th & 19th.
The Mayo Football League Chairman Gerry Sweeney has thanked all the clubs for their excellent co operation in following all the protocols they have had to endure during the COVID 19 pandemic.
He says the priority of our League is for the safety of all our stakeholders which includes Management and Players , Administrators , Spectators and Match Officials.
The Mayo League also says there will be a reduction in Affiliation fees.
It is decided to go with a league programme in all four divisions and the Calor Gas Super & Premier Cup competitions.
The Divisional cups i.e. Westaro Cup, Tuohy Cup, Tonra Cup and McDonnell Cups will not be held in 2020.
A decision on the Under 21 league will be made at a later date.
There will be a new format for the Super League and Premier Leagues.
Each team will play one round of matches, following these nine matches the top five teams will play each other once for the title and the bottom five will do likewise to avoid the drop.
This will involve all teams playing 13 matches (14 rounds). As it's a new format there will be a revised draw.
- Leagues One and League Two fixtures will remain the same as notified last March.
- Dates to note:
- 29th June--full contact training and in-house friendly matches can take place.
- 11th July--friendly matches can be arranged
- 18th/19th July--Round 1 of the Calor Gas Super & Premier Cups
- 26th July--Connacht Cup and Shield (last 16)
- Transfer window----1st July to 30th September
- Registration of players----we expect an announcement from the FAI next week