20 schools from Mayo were awarded the Green Flag this week for their dedication to sustainability and protecting their environment.
Despite two school years with closures and challenges posed by COVID-19, 526 schools across Ireland were awarded Green Flags this week, including 33 schools that have been awarded the Green Flag for the first time.
Green-Schools is an environmental management programme for schools which focuses on themes including Litter and Waste; Energy; Water; Travel; Biodiversity; Global Citizenship and Marine Environment.
Awarded schools in Mayo
- Sancta Maria College, Louisburgh
- Shraigh National School, Ballina
- Joseph's N.S., Claremorris
- Joseph's N.S. Midfield, Swinford
- Balla National School, Castlebar
- Scoil Naomh Bríd, Ballina
- Joseph's Secondary School, Foxford
- Peter and Paul N.S, Foxford
- Tavneena N.S, Charlestown
- Burriscarra N.S, Claremorris
- Derrywash N.S, Castlebar
- Irishtown N.S, Claremorris
- Joseph's National School, Swinford
- Scoil Muire agus Treasa, Swinford
- Scoil Naomh Aingeal, Castlebar
- Newtownwhite Educate Together N.S, Ballina
- Scoil Raifteiri, Castlebar
- Rice College, Westport
- Ballyvary Central N.S, Castlebar
- Garracloon N.S, Ballina