Road Safety Rules in School – Radio Competition
Midwest Radio in association with the Road Safety Authority and Mayo County Council are pleased to announce the ‘Road Safety Rules in Schools’ competition. The competition is running for both National and Secondary Schools.
The winning National school will receive a cash prize of €1,000 for their school and their winning video will be shared on the social media outlets of Mayo County Council and Midwest Radio.
The winning Secondary school will receive a cash prize of €2,000 for their school and their winning video will be shared on the social media outlets of Mayo County Council and Midwest Radio.
You can hear more about the competition from Noel Gibbons when he joined Tommy Marren to launch the competition and details of how to enter, below
What to do?
Schools are required to submit an innovative 40 second video on one of the following road safety themes:
- Seat belts
- Safe parking outside the school gate
- Mobile phones
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Driver fatigue
- Sharing the road with pedestrians and cyclists
It’s simple to enter so here is what you have to do
- Choose a road safety theme based on any of the themes outlined above
- Organise your class or individuals in your school to discuss how your 40 second VIDEO will look
- Record the video and be as imaginative as you like!
- Your video can look like a TV commercial, a short movie-like clip or whatever else you think will get a strong message across by way of Video
- Remember to keep your entry to no longer than 40 seconds
- Your Video should appeal to road users and encourage safe road-user behaviour
- Make sure when submitting your entry to clearly state the name of your school and a contact name and number
- Make sure to submit your entry no later than Friday November 30th, 2018
The winning entry to this competition will be announced on the Tommy Marren Show on Friday December 7th at 10.30 am