Midwest Radio in association with the Road Safety Authority and Mayo Co Co are pleased to announce the "Road Safety Rules in Schools" competition. The winning National School will receive a cash prize of €1000 for their school while the winning secondary school will receive €2000 and their winning radio commercial will be professionally recorded by Midwest Radio to create a real radio ad which will be aired on the station!
What To Do?
Schools are required to submit an innovative script for a 40 second radio ad (max 90 words) on one of the following road safety themes:
- Seat Belts
- Safe Parking Outside School Gates
- Mobile Phones
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Driver Fatigue
- Sharing the road with pedestrians and cyclists
It's very simple to enter, all you have to do is:
- Choose a road safety theme
- Develop the 90 word script for the radio commercial
- Complete the application form
- Submit your entry by Friday November 24th
posted to Midwest Radio, Clare Street, Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo.
Be sure to include the name of your school, a contact name and a phone number along with the script of your radio ad.